Learn the basics of diving then take an introductory tour of the reef to experience the underwater world of beautiful Hilo, Hawaii.
PADI Specialty SCUBA Courses
- Night Diver Specialty Certifications Priced per person
The Night Diver Specialty Course
- Must be 12 years old
- Must be a Certified Diver
- Must have Fins, Masks, and Snorkel (can be purchased at a 10% student discount)
- 9 hours over 3 nights (3 hours per day)
- Monday-Wednesday and Thursday-Saturday
- Three Training Night Dives $599
- eLearning $139
- BCD, Regulator, Wetsuit, and Weight rentals are available for an extra $180 for the entire course. Fins, Masks, and snorkels are not provided and must be purchased in advance.
Dive After Dark!
Night diving is an exhilarating and wonderful experience. Extra precautions are necessary to safely dive this unique underwater adventure, and that’s why we offer a Night Diver Specialty course. When the sunsets here in Hilo, the reefs light up! There are many underwater creatures you can only see at night, like the beautiful nudibranchs crawling about on the rocks, beautifully colored eels on the hunt, tons of different lobsters and vibrant crabs, and intelligent octopus and squids out on the hunt. We can’t guarantee that you will see the octopus and squid, but chances are high around Hilo! Light up your nights by getting into the alien world of night diving.
|Before attending you will have a small section of eLearning to complete, it can be done in a day with ease. Once you have completed your e-learning it’s time to get started on your night training dives. This is where you will learn how to navigate at night and eventually lead your own night dives! Once you are done with your training you’ll be able to dive at night like a pro!|
- Students must arrive at least 30 minutes prior to first day of course. You are required to be fully prepared (eLearning, PADI Medical and Liability paperwork, bring proper gear, and Hilo Ocean Adventures student learning agreement completed). Students who do not have all completed will be subject to $300 rescheduling fee and will be moved to a private course.
- Students can not reschedule less than 24 hrs in advance or mid course, a $200 rescheduling fee will apply and students will be moved to another group course.
- Certification courses are not refundable, if you are unable to reschedule during your stay, you will have one year from the date of purchase to reschedule (no exceptions).
- Students who demonstrate the need for one on one instruction (based on instructor recommendation) will be required to sign up to a private certification course for an additional $300.
- The course minimum is 2 people, if you are the only person booked for a course you will have the option to reschedule on another group course or pay a private course fee of an additional $300.
- Fins, mask, and snorkel are required prior to the first day of the course. Without theses required items you will not be able to begin the your certification, and will be subject to a rescheduling fee of $200.00.