Expand your underwater horizons by taking part in the PADI Advanced Open Water Course! This course will not only provide you with the knowledge needed to navigate like a pro, but it’ll teach you how to safely dive to 100ft!
Rescue Diver Course
- 10 Rescue Exercises and 2 Rescue Scenarios
- eLearning Course
- Private Course Upgrade
- Rental BCDs, Regulators and wetsuit are available for $180 for the entire course (Fins, Masks, and Snorkel are required)
As a professional dive shop, we understand SCUBA diving done incorrectly can turn into a dangerous situation for everyone. Without the basic understanding of rescue skills, we wouldn’t be able to keep our divers safe, in or out of the water. As divers, we should always be prepared for the worst case scenario, and with The PADI Rescue Diver Course you will learn to manage worst case scenarios. Though it may sound grim at first, the Rescue Diver Course is a lot of fun, rewarding and stress free. With your Rescue Diver Certification and 40 logged dives you will be ready to enroll in our professional PADI Divemaster Course (details in the next description). So what are you waiting for, sign up now and start learning the essentials of diver rescue!
Rescue Diver Course Breakdown:
The Rescue diver consists of a fairly long eLearning course that can take 3 days to complete including a final exam. After the 10 Rescue Exercises and the 2 Rescue Scenarios will be split into three separate days:
- Day 1 consists of learning how to rescue responsive divers on the surface and underwater exercises (exercises 1-4).
- Day 2 consists of learning how to find and rescue unresponsive divers underwater (exercises 5-6, scenario 1).
- Day 3 consists of learning how to rescue and provide first-aid to an unresponsive diver at the surface (exercises 7-10, scenario 2).
- You will also be creating an Emergency Action Plan by the end of the Rescue Diver Course. After that you’ll officially be Rescue Diver Certified!
Must Review Before Purchase
- Students must arrive 30 minutes in advance of course start time. Each student must be fully prepared (eLearning, PADI Medical and Liability paperwork, and student learning agreement completed). Failure to arrive without all necessary documentation will result in rescheduling to a private course at an additional $300.
- Students rescheduling less than 24hrs prior or mid course, will result in a $200 rescheduling fee for a group course or $300 for a private course.
- Certification courses are not refundable, if you are unable to complete the course within your stay, you have one year from the date of purchase to reschedule.
- Students who demonstrate the need for one on one instruction, per instructor recommendation, will be required to rebook to a private course at $300.
- The course minimum is 2 people, if you are the only person booked in a group course you will have the option to reschedule to another date or pay for a private course of an additional $300.
- Fins, mask, and snorkel that are suitable for diving are required prior to the first day of the course, please note, you will not be able to begin your course without them. We are happy to find the right fit for you and offer a 10% student discount for an entire package. Rescheduling fees will apply. If you need to purchase these items you must purchase them, at a minimum, the day before your course.
- The minimum participants needed for any recreational/specialty course is 2, if the minimum is not met for a certain course your options are upgrade to a private course or reschedule to an existing group course.
- Relaxed one on one training with your instructor.
- Flexible dates and schedule, go at your own pace (slow/fast).
- Assistance with moving heavy SCUBA gear, students such as keiki ages 10-15 or older folks who may need assistance managing the weight of gear with ease.
- If you feel uneasy about doing a course in a group or uneasy about being in the water in general, we highly recommend doing a private course.