Whether you’re just getting your scuba certification or joining a family member or friend who is learning, our Hilo scuba diving intro course is great for everyone.
Introductory Shore Scuba Diving Experience
- Introductory Diver
Introductory Hilo scuba diving
Have you always wanted to try scuba diving but not certified yet? Or already certified, but have an uncertified family member or friend who is interested in giving it a try and joining you? No problem!
One of our professionally trained scuba instructors is on hand to teach you the basics and then take you on an introductory tour of the reef to experience the underwater world. This introductory Big Island scuba diving course consists of 45 minutes of classroom instruction, 45 minutes of pool skills, and 45 minutes of open water diving (ocean dive) for an approximate total of five hours.
Come see for yourself if the exciting world of scuba diving is for you! Restrictions apply. Reserve your course online today.
Please note that you MUST wait at least 12 hours before ascending above 2,500 ft after your dive. This tour requires you to have the ability to swim and that you are able to use a snorkel or regulator. Minors 15 and under must be accompanied by an adult.
• Must be over 10 years of age.
• Must be able to swim unassisted in the open ocean.
• Must be able to converse and understand detailed instruction in English.
• Must be able to carry 50lbs of equipment on your back unassisted.
• Must complete and submit PADI/NAUI mandatory medical questionnaire 72h prior to excursion (provided after booking).
• Individuals must successfully pass classroom and confined portion of activity in order to proceed to ocean dive component.
• Refunds will not be honored for individuals who submit late medical questionnaires or who are unable to complete the activity in full. Minimum of two guests
Please check in at the shop 15 minutes before your trip. Detailed directions will be included in your confirmation email.