Open the doors to a whole new world by enrolling in The PADI Open Water Diver Course! The underwater world is filled with beauty, especially on The Big Island of Hawaii.
Dive Against Debris Specialty Course
- 1 Reef Cleaning Dive, And Trash Sorting
- eLearning Course
- Private Course Upgrade
- BCD, Regulator, Wetsuit, and Weight rentals are available for an extra $60. Fins, Masks, and snorkels are not provided and must be purchased in advance.
Despite how beautiful the reefs of Hawaii may seem, they are in peril. The Hawaiian islands are right next to the great pacific garbage patch and it often lands on our shores and gets tangled into our reefs. Being a tourist hot spot, plenty of tourists throw their trash onto our beaches. Fishing line and hooks snag corals and injure other marine life living amongst the reefs. There are ways to stop this! Take part in the Dive Against Debris course and be a party of the solution by cleaning this trash from our reefs and recycle it responsibly. In this course you will learn the true extent of the damages caused, record your collection and help the diving community track where the trash is coming from. With the data you collect, Project AWARE and the diving community will have the information needed to advocate for policy change with a greater chance of success.
Dive Against Debris Specialty Course Breakdown:
When first starting this course, you will be greeted with a Dive Against Debris knowledge development presentation before gearing up and heading out to clean the oceans. The dives will be taking place at one of the two highly polluted sites that are in the biggest need of our help. After collecting trash from the dive site, you will head back to the shop and sort all of the trash and document what you have found and upload it to Diveagainstdebris.com!
Make a difference and book today!
Must Review Before Purchase
- Students must arrive 30 minutes in advance of course start time. Each student must be fully prepared (eLearning, PADI Medical and Liability paperwork, and student learning agreement completed). Failure to arrive without all necessary documentation will result in rescheduling to a private course at an additional $300.
- Students rescheduling less than 24hrs prior or mid course, will result in a $200 rescheduling fee for a group course or $300 for a private course.
- Certification courses are not refundable, if you are unable to complete the course within your stay, you have one year from the date of purchase to reschedule.
- Students who demonstrate the need for one on one instruction, per instructor recommendation, will be required to rebook to a private course at $300.
- The course minimum is 2 people, if you are the only person booked in a group course you will have the option to reschedule to another date or pay for a private course of an additional $300.
- Fins, mask, and snorkel that are suitable for diving are required prior to the first day of the course, please note, you will not be able to begin your course without them. We are happy to find the right fit for you and offer a 10% student discount for an entire package. Rescheduling fees will apply. If you need to purchase these items you must purchase them, at a minimum, the day before your course.
- The minimum participants needed for any recreational/specialty course is 2, if the minimum is not met for a certain course your options are upgrade to a private course or reschedule to an existing group course.
- Relaxed one on one training with your instructor.
- Flexible dates and schedule, go at your own pace (slow/fast).
- Assistance with moving heavy SCUBA gear, students such as keiki ages 10-15 or older folks who may need assistance managing the weight of gear with ease.
- If you feel uneasy about doing a course in a group or uneasy about being in the water in general, we highly recommend doing a private course.