Wailoa River to King Kamehameha Statue Kayak Adventure
- Kayak Guest Price per person
- Double - Kayak Guests Price per double - kayak (2 guests)
Kayaks on the calm waters of the Wailoa River
Experience Hilo from a new perspective as we journey up the relaxing river, through tree branches, and cruise underneath the graceful dragon arches of the Japanese style bridges.
Loa meaning “long water” includes an easy entry from a boat ramp that travels up Wailoa River and into Hilo Bay. There are unique birds and fish sightings throughout your excursion.
Take a break and enjoy the King Kamehameha Statue and learn more about the History of the Big Island and learn about the Tsunamis that have cleared the area and created an arboretum of trees that are recognized by the Tree Association as “The Largest of Tree Species outside of Africa.”
This is a great kayak or paddle board adventure for beginners.
Please check in 10 minutes prior to the start time of your tour. Detailed check-in directions will be included in your confirmation email.
Customers will receive a full refund with 24 hour notice of cancellation. Customers will also receive a full refund in case of operator cancellation due to weather, should a tour fail to reach our minimum capacity (2) or other unforeseen circumstances. In all cases we will do our best to offer alternative dates for your tour. No-shows will be charged the full price. Late arrivals may be charged a late arrival fee. Contact us by phone (808-934-8344) to cancel or inquire about a cancellation.
This tour: Is not suitable for those who are pregnant, over 300lbs, have back problems, or cannot swim unassisted in the open ocean.
All tours: Leave promptly at the specified time. Tours will not be held back for late arrivals and missed tours will not be eligible for refund. If guests require rental gear for this adventure, they will be responsible for showing up before the specified time in order to have gear fitted and be ready for an on-time departure.
Certified Divers: Must show proof of Open Water Diver or higher certification upon check-in.
- Must be able to converse and understand detailed instruction in English.
- Must be able to carry 50lbs of equipment on your back unassisted.
- Must complete and submit PADI/NAUI mandatory medical questionnaire 72h prior to excursion (provided after booking). Those with lung, heart, or other major medical issues should contact the store for more information.
- Individuals must successfully pass classroom and confined portion of activity in order to proceed to ocean dive component.
- Refunds will not be honored for individuals who submit late medical questionnaires or who are unable to complete the activity in full.
ALL Divers: MUST wait at least 12 hours before ascending to altitude above 2,500 ft after your dive. A two-tank dive increases your wait time to 18 hours.