Walk along a volcanic black sand beach and swim in a pristine lagoon where sea turtles often frequent on this fully narrated and guided snorkel tour.
Intro 2 – Tank Boat Scuba Dive
- Introductory Diver
Introductory Hilo scuba diving
Wanted to try scuba diving but not yet certified? Or already certified, but have an uncertified family member or friend who is interested in giving it a try? No problem! One of our professionally trained scuba instructors will teach you the basics and then take you on an introductory tour of the reef to experience the underwater world.
This introductory dive course consists of 30 minutes of classroom instruction, 30 minutes of pool skills, and two open water dives off our ocean-faring boat Moana Mea A‘a for an approximate total of five hours.
Come see if the exciting world of scuba diving is for you! Restrictions apply.
Please check in at the shop 1 hour prior to the trip. Please note that you MUST wait at least 12 hours before ascending above 2,500 ft after your dive. A two-tank dive increases your wait time to 18 hours. This tour requires you to have the ability to swim and that you are able to use a snorkel or regulator. Minors 15 and under must be accompanied by an adult.
• Minimum age is 10 years old, depth restrictions may apply to younger divers. Children under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult. Additional fees may apply.
• Medical Questionnaire and Liability Release must be filled out 72 hours prior to the tour. Those with lung, heart, or other major medical issues should contact the store for more information.
• You are required to know how to swim in order to participate in the Open Water portion of this booking.
• You are required to be able to converse in English to participate in this tour.
• You are required to be able to wear up to 50lbs of equipment to participate in this tour.
Please check-in at the boat 15 minutes prior to your trip. Detailed directions will be included in your confirmation email.
Address: 1717 Kamehameha Ave, Hilo, HI 96720