Project AWARE Specialty Course
- Project Aware Knowledge Development Presentation
Beneath the waves of the Hawaiian seas lie some of the most beautiful coral reefs in the world; however, without proper respect, they won’t stay that way. Many people do not understand what it takes to respect the aquatic Aina. Without this respect the overall degradation of our reefs will continue. Tens of thousands of tons are entering the oceans every year. Greenhouse gasses are on the rise, warming the seas more and more, making it difficult for corals and other animals to survive. Though it may seem hopeless, there are ways you can reduce the trash entering the oceans and show your respect to the reefs of Hawaii. By taking part in the Project AWARE Specialty Course you will learn what this respect means for our Hawaiian reefs and the oceans as a whole. By making simple lifestyle changes you can contribute to bettering our oceans and even living healthier as a person!
Project AWARE Specialty Course Breakdown:
This course is very simple, it will only consist of a 3 hour presentation/workshop and fill out the Project AWARE Speciality knowledge review. After that you will be done with the entire course! Feel free to book a dive tour or snorkeling tour and apply your knowledge!
Help out our cause and book today!
Must Review Before Purchase
- Students must arrive 30 minutes in advance of course start time. Each student must be fully prepared (eLearning, PADI Medical and Liability paperwork, and student learning agreement completed). Failure to arrive without all necessary documentation will result in rescheduling to a private course at an additional $300.
- Students rescheduling less than 24hrs prior or mid course, will result in a $200 rescheduling fee for a group course or $300 for a private course.
- Certification courses are not refundable, if you are unable to complete the course within your stay, you have one year from the date of purchase to reschedule.
- Students who demonstrate the need for one on one instruction, per instructor recommendation, will be required to rebook to a private course at $300.
- The course minimum is 2 people, if you are the only person booked in a group course you will have the option to reschedule to another date or pay for a private course of an additional $300.
- Fins, mask, and snorkel that are suitable for diving are required prior to the first day of the course, please note, you will not be able to begin your course without them. We are happy to find the right fit for you and offer a 10% student discount for an entire package. Rescheduling fees will apply. If you need to purchase these items you must purchase them, at a minimum, the day before your course.
- The minimum participants needed for any recreational/specialty course is 2, if the minimum is not met for a certain course your options are upgrade to a private course or reschedule to an existing group course.
- Relaxed one on one training with your instructor.
- Flexible dates and schedule, go at your own pace (slow/fast).
- Assistance with moving heavy SCUBA gear, students such as keiki ages 10-15 or older folks who may need assistance managing the weight of gear with ease.
- If you feel uneasy about doing a course in a group or uneasy about being in the water in general, we highly recommend doing a private course.