Join us on a leisurely paddle SUP’s on the calm waters of the Wailoa River. This is a great paddle board adventure for beginners.
Hilo Bay & Coconut Island SUP Adventure
- SUP Guest Priced per person
Experience the history and natural beauty of old Hawaii!
Unlike anywhere else in the islands, Hilo Bay captures the feeling of going back in time. Join our guided 2 hour tour paddling with the majestic snow capped peaks of Mauna Kea in the distance. Learn about the history of the last Hawaiian monarch at Queen Liliuokalani Japanese Gardens. Discover secluded coves, marine life that gather in the tide pools, and a stop at Coconut Island. Come talk story with our guides and learn more about the unique history of Hilo Bay.
Please check in 10 minutes prior to the start time of your tour. Detailed check-in directions will be included in your confirmation email.
This tour: Is not suitable for those who are pregnant, over 300lbs, have back problems, or cannot swim unassisted in the open ocean.
All tours: Leave promptly at the specified time. Tours will not be held back for late arrivals and missed tours will not be eligible for refund. If guests require rental gear for this adventure, they will be responsible for showing up before the specified time in order to have gear fitted and be ready for an on-time departure.
Certified Divers: Must show proof of Open Water Diver or higher certification upon check-in.
- Must be able to converse and understand detailed instruction in English.
- Must be able to carry 50lbs of equipment on your back unassisted.
- Must complete and submit PADI/NAUI mandatory medical questionnaire 72h prior to excursion (provided after booking). Those with lung, heart, or other major medical issues should contact the store for more information.
- Individuals must successfully pass classroom and confined portion of activity in order to proceed to ocean dive component.
- Refunds will not be honored for individuals who submit late medical questionnaires or who are unable to complete the activity in full.
ALL Divers: MUST wait at least 12 hours before ascending to altitude above 2,500 ft after your dive. A two-tank dive increases your wait time to 18 hours.
Customers will receive a full refund with 24 hour notice of cancellation. Customers will also receive a full refund in case of operator cancellation due to weather, should a tour fail to reach our minimum capacity (2) or other unforeseen circumstances. In all cases we will do our best to offer alternative dates for your tour. No-shows will be charged the full price. Late arrivals may be charged a late arrival fee. Contact us by phone (808-934-8344) to cancel or inquire about a cancellation.